The ER-1000 offers a great deal of training and has:
• 3 displays made of LCD panels offering a 190 degree Horizontal
Field of View (FOV)
• an “open-air” cab/driving station fabricated with materials that are representative of an ambulance
• emulated ambulance dash and seating configuration
• an emergency radio
• a siren/lights console
• TrueFeel Steering providing a more realistic “feel” for force feedback, camber recovery, tire scrub, curb strikes and road vibration.
• proper braking controls
• Doppler effect surround sound to enhance acceleration, deceleration and cornering. Other sounds include engine sped, road noise, tire skidding, brake application, and collisions with vehicles, signs, trees, buildings.
• MDT software
• scripted scenario lessons designed to teach a variety of driving/judgment skills
• the capability to pause a scenario. Instructors can elect 1 of 3 re-drive options: have the student continue to drive from the point of the pause OR jump back to a previous point in the exercise OR completely re-drive the entire exercise.
• the capability to initiate malfunctions such as a tire blow out, drop in oil pressure
• a feature allowing instructors or students to switch to an overhead view and to review and reinforce street-level situations.
• scoring and record keeping functions
• 4 separate driving worlds to meet the driver training needs of agencies throughout the world.
• Instructor Operator Station (IOS).
• system documentation